YouGov, the global online research company, has launched an innovative and dynamic market research resource set up exclusively for artists and music fans. Created in conjunction with the MMF and the FAC, the YouGov MusicLab will give artists and their managers unique insights into the taste, behaviour, passions and consumer habits of their fans using the huge YouGov database.
Artists can use this research to ensure their music reaches as many fans as possible. They can use it to plan and target concerts, releases, marketing and sponsorship in a way that directly meets the needs and behaviours of all their fans, whether getting to know fans already on their own mailing list and social media channels a bit better or finding new fans unknown to the artist by using the YouGov MusicLab panel. Over 30,000 of our panelists have already registered for MusicLab surveys.
Who is the MusicLab for? Artists and their management teams.
How much does it cost? Nothing! Unless you want even more detailed research – just ask.
What do the artists get? They get unprecedented insights into their own fanbase through:
1. A YouGov-designed questionnaire containing the following:
- An introduction and thank you page written and designed personally by the artist
- 10 questions selected by the artist from a pre-designed YouGov question menu
- 10 questions designed by the artist (with the help of YouGov!)
- Video and music clips throughout (Optional)
- Invitation to interact on social media channels after the survey (Optional)
2. A URL link to this survey which can be circulated to the fanbase via social media channels, mailing lists, beneath YouTube clips or on fan websites.
3. Analysis of the data from this survey returned to the artist in data tables and a headline summary of the findings.
4. And if required, we can give a specially-discounted version of the brand new YouGov MusicLab report, which is the most in-depth independent study into the attitudes and behaviours of music fans in the UK and the US.
So what do YouGov get?
- One question in the survey which asks if fans would like to try out another YouGov MusicLab survey at a later date.
- At the end of the survey, fans are directed to land on the YouGovLabs website.
- Access to the data fans provide. This will be used only for our own research to ensure we are constantly improving and updating MusicLab. It will not be sold on or used for any other purpose.
- Permission to host the completed artist survey on the YouGovLabs website so that existing members of the YouGov MusicLab can also take the survey after hearing some of the artist’s music. This will extend the reach of the artist.
Contact Hannah.Perry@yougov.com for more information!