We are the world’s largest professional community of music managers.
Since its inception in 1992, the MMF has worked hard to educate, inform and represent UK managers as well as offering a network through which managers can share experiences, opportunities and information.
Our membership stands at over 500 managers based in the UK with global businesses and a wider network of over 2700 managers in the USA.
Our core purpose is to:
- Educate: We support managers’ continuous professional development within an evolving music industry.
- Innovate: We create and highlight opportunities to develop and grow artist businesses.
- Advocate: We provide a collective voice and leadership to affect change for a transparent and fairer music industry for artists and their fans.
The MMF engages, advises and lobbies industry associates and wider industry on issues that are relevant to managers. We continue to recruit members and grow our network so we are truly representative of the wider management community.
The top priorities of MMF are:
- Educating the world on the role of the music manager: help people understand the increasingly important role of the manager, how it is changing and what it is we do.
- Professional development: supporting our members in developing their knowledge and skills as music managers through formal courses and more focused workshops and seminars
- Investment into Music Industry: encourage more investment into artists businesses through our Amplify seed investment fund and building knowledge of other available funding sources both private and public
- Representation: Campaigning on behalf of our members to affect change
- Streaming: Our report Dissecting the Digital Dollar documents how streaming services are licensed by the music industry, why they are licensed that way and to inform debate around the evolving streaming sector. We actively encourage the industry to be transparent and ask for fair, industry wide equitable payments for artists.
- Secondary Ticketing: The MMF were founder members of and support the FanFair Alliance, a campaign uniting fans, music businesses and artist against online ticket touting.
- Mental Health: support managers in taking care of their own mental health and that of their artists signposting to professional advice as appropriate
- Collective Digital Licensing: hold those who collect artist and songwriters royalties to account, explore solutions to the data challenge to encourage innovation and growth.
Membership is open to any UK-based artist manager and costs just £120 (inc. VAT) for one year or £12 per month. Under 30s membership costs just £60 (inc. VAT) per year or £6 a month. Membership is counted as a business expense and is therefore tax deductible.
A wide range of benefits are available to all and Members are encouraged to play an active part in the organisation that aims to be their professional voice.
MMF members enjoy:
- Priority access to MMF seminars and regular manager networking events
- Significant discount on our MMF Essentials of Music Management Induction Day and our evening training courses on elements of management and publishing (in partnership with the Music Publishers Association)
- Negotiated member discounts on a wide range of industry conferences and events
- Weekly members email newsletter with spotlights on industry developments including the latest MMF offers and events
- Access to the members only area of the website which includes practical ‘How to’ resources and links plus all the latest discounts and events.
- Access to the skills and experiences of top managers – we provide ad hoc advice to members from the central team or our wider network to answer your practical questions or direct you to those who can
- Engagement with MMF Associates which includes over 30 top music, technology, legal, insurance and accountancy companies
- Priority access to the annual Artist & Manager Awards at a member discount
- Ability to participate and shape our policy making and campaigns
- International links to 18 affiliate manager bodies
- Potential to qualify for a 3 month Record of the Day discounted subscription – please get in touch for more details
- Potential to qualify for discounted or a complimentary legal consultation – limited offer, please get in touch for details.