Music development agency the hub uk have launched a new funding campaign offering those working in the independent live music sector the chance to secure £10,000 to test a ‘game-changing’ idea.
From their website:
Got a potentially ‘game-changing’ idea? Work in independent live music? Then you need to know about Joining the Dots. We want to hear from anyone with an idea that could revolutionise how they finance and present live music. The six most exciting ideas will get funding and support to make their ideas a reality.
We’re especially interested in
- commissioning and touring contemporary music
- using digital technology to increase live attendance and income
- attracting younger audiences
What you’ll get from us is
- Seed corn funding of £10,000 to test your potentially ‘game-changing’ model
- Regular web seminars featuring some of the industry’s savviest brains to help make your business more resilient and your music career more sustainable
- User-friendly online resources – blogs, tip sheets, online presentations, videos – covering everything from financing your new creative project to the latest in digital thinking
- Insider updates from our funded projects – what’s working and why and advice on how to make these models work for you
- Conferences and meet ups – get inside and get inspired by new ways of working, talk shop, trade ideas, meet new people and catch up with old friends