This all-day masterclass is essential for not only labels and self-releasing artists, but also for anyone wishing to develop an advanced knowledge of music business accounting. There are only 13 spaces so don’t miss out!
This exclusive event is designed to equip attendees with an understanding of the fundamentals of accounting, how to think commercially, and how the processes work in the music business, including advance deals, royalty processing and recoupment.
Over the course of the day you will improve your ability to understand the structure of financial information and be empowered to make strong financial decisions.
This course will specifically focus on accounting and business issues directly relevant to the music business, and include an end to end accounting example from singing an artist through to launching their music.
You will develop a real financial literacy in just one day. By first putting in place the fundamentals of how accounting works, you will develop a deeper understanding of how the music business works. You will be empowered to engage in financial discussions with much more confidence, whether internally in finance meetings or externally with managers and customers, and you will be able to make better financial judgements and business decisions.
The specific objectives of the course include:
- understand the mechanics of how accounting works, and why it matters to your business
- understand the structure of financial information
- build fluency in the language of finance
- increase your confidence in discussing financial matters with colleagues and your external contacts
- be able to read and analyse financial reports robustly
- understand how the accounting and business processes work in the music business, including advance deals, royalty processing and recoupment
- improve your ability to think commercially and understand how transactions impact both profits and cash
The programme has three key sessions:
1 – understand the fundamentals of accounting and finance
2 – practice accounting with our interactive Board game
3 – learn specifically how accounting works in the music business
When: Tuesday 27th March, 10AM-6PM
Where: Tileyard Studios, Tileyard Road, London, N7 9AH
MMF Members can get tickets for just £350(+ VAT.) Discount code is TRADE350. Full details and tickets can be found here.