About the Job
The Artist & Manager Awards:
The Artist & Manager Awards is organised by the Featured Artists Coalition (FAC) together with the Music Managers Forum (MMF) and is the flagship event in our calendar. For one night a year, leading artists and their managers come together to mark their past achievements, celebrate their peers and look to the future with excitement.
The 12th Artist and Manager Awards will continue in the tradition of highlighting exceptional individuals, those who pioneer and forge new pathways in the industry.
Held in the circus-themed Bloomsbury Big Top, the 2023 Awards promises a night to remember, with a welcome cocktail reception, two-course dinner, awards ceremony, surprise performers and a lively after-party held at nearby Bloomsbury Bowling. More information on the awards are on https://amawards.org/ .
Project Management Brief:
The AMA Awards Project Manager is responsible for organising, planning, monitoring and ensuring the smooth running of the AMA Awards event. The awards team all work together on this event and the PM is responsible for ensuring that all actions are organised and delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
The PM will work closely with the AMA Team to ensure all have clear objectives, reporting and coordination so a high standard of delivery is achieved. Duties are varied but will include the below:
- Organise team meetings, set up Zoom, send calendar invites, create meeting agendas and lead meetings
- Take notes during meetings, send follow-up actions and keep team in check to ensure actions are carried out
- Support event team across all areas including production, ticketing, brochure, video content, catering, trophies, accreditation, sponsorship, nominees, award winners (artists & managers)
- Co-manage ticket sales process and provide regular updates on tables available to sell
- Set up a project timeline including deadlines for: venue/catering, production, ticket sales, sponsorship, nominations, Press/PR, branding/printables, after party and adjust as needed throughout planning.
- Liaise with various stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met and any assets are collected including brochure/vt content and guest names
- Manage guestlist/media/sponsor tickets and issuance
- On the night: oversee entry process and brief volunteers for ticket scanning, liaise with artists and managers, liaise with production manager to keep the show running to time, ensure drinks packages are set on tables pre-show, liaise with venue on catering requirements, manage trophies and winners envelopes
Skills and Requirements:
- Proven skilled Project Management experience
- Able to work as part of a team
- Operationally brilliant
- Unflappable, showing calmness in last minutes changes and crisis
Dates of Project :
This role will run from July – November 2023.
From July – August , 2 days per month (half a day a week). From September increase to 2-3 days per week, moving up to 4 days a week closer to the event. The event is on Thursday 23rd November 2023.
DOE. Please include the expected project fee/breakdown in the application cover letter.
To apply, please send a cover letter, outlining your interest and suitability for the role, as well as your project fee expectations and CV to Anneliese Harmon firstname.lastname@example.org.