The MPA Richard Toeman Scholarship Scheme is designed to support the progress of outstanding individuals within the music publishing industry; to encourage potential, or new, recruits to the industry to develop their skills and experience through study; and to encourage each year’s recipient to achieve an enhanced preparedness for a successful career.
Applications are open to UK residents who:
- have been working within the music publishing business for five years or less; or
- are in their final year of, or graduated in 2013 from, a music or music business degree course,
Two winners (one in each of the above categories) will each receive:
- a tailored training programme including free attendance at MPA training events
- £500 to spend on further relevant training
- discounted rates on future MPA training events
- networking opportunities
In addition the winner in the student/graduate category will be assisted in securing a work placement.
Applications close on Thursday 27 March 2014. Full guidelines and an application form are available from the MPA website.
MPA Richard Toeman Scholarship Founding Donors: ABRSM (Publishing) Ltd • Ariel Music • Bourne Music Ltd • Bug Music Ltd • Catalyst Music Publishing Ltd • EMI Music Publishing Ltd • Menace Music Ltd • Mute Song Ltd • Rock Music Company Ltd • Silva Screen Music (Publishers) Ltd • Songstream Music • Sony/ATV Music Publishing (UK) Ltd • SJ Music • Stainer & Bell Ltd • Woza Music