Last week, sixty managers and artists attended the MMF/FAC Open Meeting at the Gibson Guitar Studios. Chairman, Brian Message and CEO, Jon Webster addressed the audience on current topics such as transparency and the importance of artist organisations.
Key focuses for 2014 are to:
– Push the international strength of the MMF and FAC, continuing to support local manager and artist organisations around the world
– Reach a wider demographic of UK members and focus on being less London-centric
– Continue to make licensing simpler, faster and easier
– Continue to advocate for a transparent industry where artist voices are heard
– Promote the need for better finance and funding for artists and managers
MMF/FAC Associate, BandPage presented their service, which synchronises artist info and data across multiple digital platforms as well as offering unique fan engagement experiences.
If you have any feedback or wish to make any suggestions as a member of either the MMF or FAC, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
The next Open Meeting will be held in May.