The Mechanics Of Music Management’ is a training programme from MMF delivered by CMU Insights and led by Chris Cooke and Marcus O’Dair. A series of five webinars exploring best practice and current trends in artist management, together these sessions provide a comprehensive guide to artist revenue streams and business models, music rights and record deals, fanbase building and direct-to-fan relationships, and explain where the manager fits in with each of these strands of the business.
Managing An Artist Business In 2020
Companies, finances and growing your business.
Once an artist starts making money from their music they become a company and the manager is basically the CEO of that company. But what even is a company? We run through what the law says about companies and explain the formalities you need to go through to ensure your artist’s business is legal, solvent and secure. Plus top tips on band agreements, hiring an accountant and raising money. Questions answered include:
– What needs to go in a band agreement?
– When should artists set up limited companies?
– How do you keep your artist’s business solvent?
– How do you keep your artist’s business legal?
– What are the pitfalls you need to be wary of?
– What about your management company?
– What finance and funding options are available in music?
Full price for each individual webinar is £66+VAT. Members get 50% discount and sister organisations gets 25% discount. Please e-mail email@example.com for info and discount codes. Links will be sent out on the day of the training.