Help Musicians UK have generously offered the MMF a limited number of places to attend their two-day Mental Health First Aid training course, taking place in London (SW9) on Monday 24th and Tuesday 25th February 2020. The training will be delivered by registered charity Music Support (more information about course content further below).
Because of limited availability we ask that anyone wanting to attending please express their interest via the following typeform. This will help the MMF understand what kind of demand exists for training and how we might provide more in the future.
Applications will close on Monday 3rd February at 6:00pm and we will notify selected attendees by Monday 10th February.
This two-day course qualifies attendees as a Mental Health First Aider, providing:
· An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
· Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
· Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
· Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
· Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
It is important to note that this course covers a range of subjects that some people may find distressing, including suicide and self-harm. If a delegate feels overwhelmed, they can leave the course at any time.
Please note this event is for MMF members and associates only.